Optimize—and Reposition—Your Sales and Marketing Capabilities As Media Channels Proliferate
With the expansion of media options, advertisers are changing their traditional buying patterns and practices. As they look to spread their marketing dollars across different platforms, and demand more rigorous ROI metrics, advertisers have significantly different needs today compared to those of the past.
In this environment, media sales and marketing efforts must be able to focus on the highest-potential customers, assess needs, and communicate clear, compelling and differentiated value propositions. To do this, senior media executives face a number of key challenges:
- How can we develop and implement strong and strategic selling capabilities to provide bundled offerings and solutions to key accounts?
- How can we protect and strengthen our relationships with our highest-opportunity existing accounts?
- Should we develop and implement an ROI-driven agency model?
- Which accounts require more cost-efficient selling coverage via self-service models?
- How do we build market leadership in our digital offerings and implement highly credible sales and marketing models to promote our digital solutions?
- What steps do we need to take to fully integrate ROI assessment tools and annual account management processes into our sales and marketing efforts?
- Should we rethink our hiring and incentive models to better align with the new sales and marketing requirements in the media industry?
Sales Force Transformation: Developing a Customer-Focused Growth Engine