Develop and Manage Channel Partner Programs to Meet Evolving Customer Needs
Market conditions in the high-tech, telecommunications, industrial products, energy, medical products and other B2B sectors are constantly evolving. Customers demand greater value, complete solutions and customized buying experiences, and will switch suppliers and channels if their goals are not met. B2B companies need a comprehensive channel strategy to determine the types of alliances and channel partners required to meet these demands.
Organizations in the early stages of channel strategy development need to address fundamental questions such as which customer segments to cover and how to assess and develop an effective network of channel partners. Even after establishing partner programs, organizations need to address ongoing issues:
- How do our partnership requirements need to change as our solutions portfolio evolves?
- Which partner program benefits are having an impact and which ones are not? Where should we increase our investment and which areas need redirection?
- How should we segment our partners and determine the program benefits we offer to each segment?
- How can we improve visibility into partner performance and enable effective decision making?
- How should we develop channel sales and marketing offers and campaigns?